When I Don't Belong

This month's topic for our blog roll is When I Don't Belong. I am tempted to link to the next woman's blog and be done with it. Why? I have known about this topic for over a month and haven't come up with a thing to write. It's not because I have never felt like I didn't belong. I have had felt this feeling often. Worse, I have made others feel they didn't belong. 



I strive to be as authentic as possible in my blog so I don't want to BS anyone here. It's not because I have it all together that I can't write about belonging. I can't even explain why I feel blocked by this topic. Instead of ditching the blog roll and bailing out, I decided to just let it be. I don't know what to say about this topic. This is the real, honest truth. 

What would you say about this topic? Have you ever felt like you didn't belong? Do you feel that even now? Have you ever made others feel they didn't belong? I think every one of us has had the feeling of not belonging OR making others feel this way, whether unintentionally or not. 

What do we do with this? 

If I could, I'd love to sit with each of you, sharing the pain and struggles. I believe many times we feel we don't belong yet truthfully, we are not alone in these feelings. There is a camaraderie in desiring to belong, isn't there? Why is it we want to belong so badly? What if we shared more openly with others about those desires? What would it look like for us to be fully known in this area of belonging? What courage would it require to confess when we've excluded others? Can you think of a person who has made you feel you don't belong? Can you think of a person you've made feel didn't belong? I am asking myself these questions. 

As you can see, I don't have all the answers but I want the freedom to sit with these questions, thoughts and feelings. Hopefully, you will afford yourself the freedom as well. 

An amazing group of women are blogging about the same topic. I am anticipating some very real, authentic posts and I encourage you to scroll on through each blog. 



Up next is Tracie, a remarkable woman who blogs about real life. Read her thoughts on belonging here.


Labels: , , , , , ,